Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Peace.

The past few months at Passion, my church we’ve been talking about grace and peace. Going through Galatians and 1st peter.

Lately I have been feeling life getting more and more hectic and things annoy me more and more lately. Normally I pride myself in being a very -go with the flow- nothing gets to me- kind of person. But over the past 2 semesters of life the little things are getting to me. CONSTANTLY.

Maybe it is things in my personality that are changing or realizing that some people are not who I always thought they would be.

I have decided that giving advice is pretty pointless over the past 11 months of the year. It is one of those things taking me back to 10th grade when I thought that I could CHANGE people.

I learned that lesson the hard way. I try to put myself in peoples places and think that I know if someone  was telling me something that I didn’t want to hear I would just blow it off too.

Keith is funny he always asks for my advice on things example:

---which shirt he should wear--- and then says “ i ask you just so i can do the opposite”  I know he is joking, but it is still kind of funny.

 

Maybe instead of giving advice I should just tell people I will pray for them or maybe give them a bible verse. I don't know. It is just a frustrating process of almost feeling like “ did I even just say that”

I guess I am just feeling this lack of peace in my life and I keep going back to a bible verse that I memorized at the beginning of the year:

Ephesians 4 1-6

1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

 

 

Keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace.  << I need to continually say this to myself each day. I am not sure why I am currently struggling with this issue of peace in my life. It is obviously a battle because I am not used to this feeling that has come over me this year.

Feel free to be praying for my peace and understanding with others. Sorry for this somber update.

3 comments:

Jan Sears said...

Oh da Kaydoids............
Just wait 'til your a mom!
You should have been at dinner tonight! Talk about advice avoided! Luckily you get lots of practice with this group!
Matt, Carson, Mallory, Madison and I went to dinner at the new BBQ restaurant tonight. So....I was a little late - an apparently for 20 minutes the kidz advised Mallory on what she should order for dinner
...finally they just ordered for her when she didn't take her advice! IMAGINE! Poor Malks!
It wasn't pretty when I arrived! Violence was about to burst loose!
We missed you! Your comments would have saved the day!

Oh my goodness....this place had THE BEST cheese muffins.....we went thru two baskets. It was so good....but too expensive!

Carson and Matt are here creating a PowerPoint and recorded commercial for a 3 wheeled tricycle lawn mower. You can see it on totallyabsurb.com = His class had to select an item from there and market it! You can imagine how much help Matt is being tonight......I'm having to filter his advice!

Wait till you hear the script for the commercial! Keith will love it!

On a serious note......hang in there - we'll talk this weekend.
PFY! Keep looking up!

Bridggett said...

Hey Girl,

I def will pray for your peace situation. I have that trouble too sometimes. i have a hard time giving advice to because sometimes I am not sure if I have said the right things. I think God knows when we are in peacful or not so peaceful situations and helps us to understand more of what to do. I think quoting scripture is the right thing to do. If you can say the scripture your thinking of.

Sometimes if or when i am frustrated or can't understand something or anything like that i just stop and let it all sink in for a minute or do and then some how God helps me work it out or reminds me of a bible verse. I know that i didn't do to good with scripture memeory this year like I wanted to in the past 11 months. Maybe we can start memorizing together.

Hope your doing well. Didn't mean to write a comment as long as an email.

Love ya lots,
Bridge

Anonymous said...

Kaylee perhaps the realization that you can not change others is the peace you are looking for. It is sometimes difficult for us to handle people who do not live up to our expectations. I think we must realize that oft times our expectations for others excede those we have for ourselves. More importantly our expectations often differ from the God we love and serve. After all only He can peer into the hearts of men and see their motivations and emotions. If grace has taught us anything may it be that we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. He has made allowances for our shortcomings. We too should make allowances for the shortcomings of others. In doing so we show the same unconditional love of our Savior. Just my unsolicited opinion. Chad