Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Even with 2 midterms in the morning….

I thought i would share about my adventure this afternoon.

I brought little Katie to school today like a good mother would on a rainy day. Upon picking her up a few hours later i quickly packed a rice crispy in a paper towel… bad idea… and was off to pick her up.

So i turned on to the road to pick kt up and in the rain took a turn a bit too narrow and popped up on the curb a bit. I thought to myself welp hit that curb. I did think to check my rim since I knew Keith would kill me if i scratched it up, but once I spotted kt and jessi I knew that i had to move quickly. So I pulled out and luckily no one was behind me because it took them WAY too long to get in the car.

So we start along heading towards lumpkin when i thought to myself that my steering wheel was moving to the right way too much. I thought maybe it was just how i had pulled out of the parking lot… but then i started to hear a scratching noise and saw peoples faces outside waiting at the bus stop.

So after finding a convenient place to park under an awning out of the rain this was what i walked out of the car to find:

FLAT TIRE 021

To tell you the truth my first thought was … Keith is going to kill me hahaha We are not even married yet and i am worried about what he will think!!

Wait that is a lie.. my first thought was MAN there is way too much junk in my trunk to get the spare tire out..

FLAT TIRE 022

 

Jessie helped clean out…. and we threw it all in my back seat:

FLAT TIRE 027

Yes those are Cinnamon toasters from PureFUN! … yes they did expire in march… hahahah but i got trash bags too from purefun! and they are awesome!

as I continue

I have changed a few tires in my day, but since this was the first time in my cobalt I asked kt to get out the manual just to make sure I didn’t screw anything else up

FLAT TIRE 029

Kt had never changed a tire before so i got her behind the cracker wrench thingie and we cranked that puppy up

FLAT TIRE 030

unfortunately we figured out that once we got it successfully off the ground that we had only taken the lugnuts off the rim and not the actual wheel… so we had to crank it down and with the help of our friend… Leroy ( name substituted for legal reasons… and the fact that we never got his name) helped us get the lug nuts off because even with my large bicep muscles i was unable to turn the lug nuts off .. poor Leroy has to use his 15 minute break to help us ladies…

FLAT TIRE 034

now once the wheel was off we threw on that doughnut loud and proud as i yelled “ Roll’n on 10’s”

FLAT TIRE 036

Funny enough when Idropped Jessi off at her car ( a very small great gas mileage car… ) I think her tires were as large as my doughnut… awesome!

Well that was my fun adventure of the day up here ay UGA…. man i can even rhyme at 11:11 at night

now i am off to downstairs so that i can study a bit more for my 2 midterms tomorrow.

tungi

2 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

awe sad :(

Jan Sears said...

Did you ever scroll to the bottom of my blog...........