Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stress Reduction Kit


Funny... please no one bang their head on the computer screen.

This week was a challenging one for me. There was much much much studying involved and I found myself having much more stress than I really needed. I read a verse today that i really liked and wanted to share.

1st Peter 5:5-7

5Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble." 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

As I read this verse in a study on Humility I found my self reading to verse 7 ( the study only called to read 5&6). I feel like in our lives we are too proud to just cast ALL of our anxiety on the Lord. Thinking that we can handle it ourselves. If I had just cast my anxiety on the Lord this week maybe I wouldn't of been so freaked out and worried all week. That doesn't give me the right to just not study and say " the lord will get me through the test and i will pass" but it does give me the comfort that the Lord does care about me and that i can lean on him when i am feeling all of life's anxiety. I am glad my eyes kept reading to verse 7 because i think it is very important.

0 comments: