Sunday, March 16, 2008

Albanian cooking.

To date i have learned to make 3 Albanian dishes.
First (and forgive my spelling) Paliqanka ( which is a lot like a crape type pancake thingie... and you put jelly/ chocolate inside.. it is YUM)
I learned to make that about a year ago and Anita, who taught me was very upset because she said i could flip the batter better than her.. SORRY!!!!

Then a few weeks ago i went over to their house and i learned to make Bombica ( which translates to "little bomb" or "fire cracker" It was a little chocolate ball ... yum


Then last night i learned how to make something AWESOME..... Pitë ( pronounced Pita)
it is a dish that i have been craving since i returned last summer. It is made our of dough and inside you can put meat, cheese, spinach, or really anything. But becasue Spinach is my favorite we made that kind. They invited mallory to join us and Vlora showed us her skills and taught us how to make it...


above is us making our layers!!!
of course mallory and i eating....

I brought some extra home last night and my parents enjoyed it and so did Keith and I today after church! Now i am going to bring it home to Katie who will be the true test of my cooking skills!
I am so much more American Albanian now... i love it!

0 comments: